LELO LOKI Prostate Massager Review
By Cara Sutra
The LELO LOKI Prostate Massager is the second prostate massager that I’m reviewing from LELO’s new range comprising of BRUNO, LOKI & HUGO. You can read more about this new range in my recent LELO BRUNO prostate massager review.
As I mentioned at the start of that review, it’s great timing as ever with LELO’s release of these prostate massagers. September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month in the US, and as regular stimulation of the prostate can help reduce the risk of prostate cancer, it’s a great idea to look into whether these new LELO sex toys could be the next addition to your toy box. You can also donate to the prostate cancer research cause, here for UK and here for US.
To the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager! What is it, what does it do, how does it work? Well I’ll tell you.
The LELO LOKI Prostate Massager is a prostate massager but unlike the BRUNO which is hands-free and worn like a butt plug, it’s used as a penetrable vibrating tool or probe by the man inside his anal area. There’s a silicone covered specially shaped shaft area and a white plastic handle where the buttons are located. It’s all very familiar territory for any fan of LELO sex toys – the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager is pretty much the male/anal version of the vaginal LELO Mona and an upgraded version of the previous male/prostate massager fave, LELO Billy.
We received the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager free of charge in exchange for this fair and honest review. You can read all my LELO sex toy reviews here.
The LELO LOKI Prostate Massager came beautifully presented in a different style box than I was used to from LELO. I am liking this change. Unlike the other LELO sex toy boxes which are opaque lidded and fit tightly into a mostly white, glossy outer card box, the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager came in a wider black lidded box (hygiene-assured sticker seal), no need for the extra card outer, and there’s a transparent window in the front so you can immediately see the actual sex toy. Once the box is open it’s easy to lift out the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager, then under the side area you find the charging lead and underneath the moulded vibe insert there are the other inserts: warranty registration card, instruction leaflet and a sachet of LELO Personal Moisturiser (water based lube).
As with LELO BRUNO I was immediately impressed with the softness and smoothness of the silicone area, which feels to me to be entirely seamless. There’s a prominent ridge which ensures the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager is safe for anal use, and clearly marked buttons on the handle. The bulging shape of the shaft looked tilted and angled enough for efficient prostate massage, but the proof would be in the testing.
Charging Up the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager
The LELO LOKI Prostate Massager is a rechargeable sex toy so to experience the vibrating stimulation we had to charge it up. The lead provided is USB so it can be used in any USB port or with a USB to mains adaptor (not included but most people have their own) which is our preference. I just had to lift the flap on the bottom of the vibrator’s handle and put the jackpin into the port there, then the other end into a USB port. The buttons flash with white LEDs behind to let you know it’s charging up.
LELO LOKI Prostate Massager Measurements
By my own measurements, the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager measures 7.75 inches in overall length, with an insertable length of 3.75 inches and a maximum circumference of the shaft of 4.5 inches.
How do you use the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager?
As with all anal sex toys and during anal sexual play it’s imperative that lubricant is used. The LELO LOKI Prostate Massager is a silicone covered sex toy so is compatible with water based lubricant and a selection of other toy safe lubes – usually not silicone-only based as the material may react badly. The anal area does not produce natural lubrication during sex like the vagina does and you don’t want to insert anything in the anal area without the friction-reducing wonder that is lubricant. The LELO LOKI Prostate Massager is beautifully compatible with the LELO personal moisturiser, a sachet of which was happily included, and it really helped the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager to glide into place (with some additional external stimulation of penis and testicles).
Once the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager slides into place inside his ass, the buttons on the handle are used to deliver vibrating stimulation from the motor in the shaft to his prostate and internal anal area. It’s a good idea to familiarise yourself with the buttons and settings before insertion unless a) you can stick your head between your own legs or b) someone else will be operating the controls for you.
LELO LOKI Prostate Massager Settings
There are 6 vibrating modes offered by the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager, all of which are then able to be increased or decreased in intensity using the side + and – buttons. The modes themselves are cycled through using the ^ and v buttons. To turn LELO LOKI on and start with mode one, just press the + button. Move to mode 2 with ^ and so on. To turn off from any point, just press and hold the – button until the vibrations cease completely. Whichever mode you turn off LOKI from, it will always begin on mode one, constant vibration.
- Constant vibration
- Faster pulse
- Varying pulse pattern
As mentioned, all these settings can be increased or decreased in intensity, giving you the option to customise your stimulation.
So, the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager looks pretty awesome and hey, we all know LELO are internationally acclaimed and multi award-winning sex toy designers and manufacturers. But what does LELO LOKI offer that makes it so awesome?
- It’s a rechargeable sex toy, so no need to stock up on batteries fear the dreaded mid-session battery fail. Just use the included USB lead, inserting the jackpin end into the lift-flap port on the end of the handle in order to charge it up. The buttons flash, courtesy of white LEDs behind, to let you know it’s charging.
- It’s made with a body safe, smooth, non-porous and fluff resistant material: LELO’s silicone. This material feels sumptuous, warms quickly in your hand even before insertion, responds well with water based lubricant (don’t use silicone lube, the material may react badly) and is easy to keep hygienically clean between uses. The handle is white plastic which gleams in an attractive contrast – plus, this helps you locate the silicone buttons in the centre.
- It’s waterproof. This means that not only is it hassle-free to clean after use (especially reassuring with an anal sex toy), you can also enjoy using it in the bath or shower if you fancy kinking up your bathroom sessions.
- It’s powerful. It’s not quite as powerful in my/our opinion as the top level of the LELO BRUNO (more on this in a bit) but the motor in the shaft is enough to give him a prostate stimulated orgasm even if it took me longer to clit-orgasm with this than BRUNO. Not that I should be stealing his sex toys anyway, goodness knows I have enough of my own.
- It’s cleverly shaped for prostate stimulation. The tip is angled and the shaft bulges in just the right place, and more on just the right side, for optimum prostate massage.
- It’s quiet: on the highest speed constant vibration it’s about the same to our ears as the LELO BRUNO, but of course with the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager you get the option of tempering any noise/power by using the + and – buttons. Decreasing the intensity will of course lower the noise output as well – not that it’s particularly loud in the first place.
- It’s easy to figure out how to use it, then to locate the buttons once it’s inside his arse. If you can remember that the side buttons are ‘intensity’ and the up and down buttons are ‘modes’, you’re ready.
- LELO offer a one year warranty and a 10 year guarantee for your added reassurance before and after purchase.
How it differs from LELO Billy
You might be wondering what makes the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager so different from LELO Billy – because I certainly was when I first set eyes on it. “But they already have a vibrating prostate massager!” my little toy tester brain voice said (one of many voices in there). Ok, well here are the differences I’ve noted just for you:
- Billy is not as angled/curved and the shaft isn’t shaped as LELO LOKI is. Billy is more of a smooth shaft gently angled to one side; LELO LOKI has an updated, sculpted shaft which bulges in the right place and has a precision pointed tip.
- LOKI has a much easier to use control system – Billy has the old style circle with buttons that aren’t as easy to locate when in use.
- LOKI has 6 modes, Billy has 5.
- LOKI has an extra inch in overall length, making it easier to angle and handle, and an extra inch in girth, for more fulfilling anal/prostate play.
- LOKI is waterproof, Billy isn’t.
- LOKI has a more pronounced anal-safety ridge than Billy.
Hope that helps!
How does it feel?
My partner can’t take very wide anal toys so we were more hesitant to try LELO LOKI than LELO BRUNO. As we expected, it took a lot of manual stimulation and a lot of patience by both of us to get the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager inserted and into position, as well as lashings of lube.
This is an issue which is just personal and has no bearing to how effective, well made and lovely the sex toy is. He just has a tight butt and I am definitely making no reference to his Scottish heritage. Sorry-not-sorry Sable.
Once the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager finally was in position, he really enjoyed the prostate massage. Whether I played with him, operating the buttons and adding extra stimulation in a variety of ways (use your imagination), it was easy to change modes and speed of the vibration. There was no risk felt at any time that LOKI would slip in too far, thanks to the prominent ridge.
Unlike BRUNO though, someone has to keep hold of the handle of the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager at all times so it’s not a hands-free sex toy (or orgasm, if you’re lucky with BRUNO). If this doesn’t bother you, no worries; my partner prefers the hands-free pleasure that BRUNO offers as it means he has one less thing to think about/worry about during either solo prostate play or couples’ play (using LELO LOKI to increase fun in foreplay or sex). It’s a fun toy for me to use on him, as then I can hold the handle, thrust it and change the vibration speed and mode. If you’re a man who wishes to use a vibrating prostate massager alone (all the time or mostly) then you will need to decide what’s better for you – the shape and settings of the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager with the handle or the hands-free options and two motors in BRUNO.
There is also LELO HUGO of course which is similar to BRUNO but also comes with a wireless remote control as well as the button on the sex toy itself.
LELO LOKI Prostate Massager: Summary
The LELO LOKI Prostate Massager is another winning sex toy from LELO. The improvements to the existing LELO Billy vibrating prostate massager as well as the reassurance to the world that LELO are keen to smash the taboo of prostate stimulation for all men are genuinely gratifying and welcome.
Unfortunately, where the LELO BRUNO received full marks from us we do have to take a couple of points off for LOKI. It’s not hands-free in use, the shaft was just a little too wide for him to reach for it without worry in future and it’s not quite as powerful as its double-motored sibling, BRUNO.
These niggles aside, LELO LOKI is still a beautiful and powerful prostate massager which is sure to first entice many men to experience its charms and then convert them into lifelong prostate massage and LELO addicts. The range of options, vibrating power, ease of use, waterproof and rechargeable capabilities as well as a truly ergonomic design tells us that LELO have put a great deal of care and attention into LOKI’s creation and for most prostate massage fans, it will be £119 well-spent.
Buy your LELO LOKI Prostate Massager
Love to try the LELO LOKI Prostate Massager? You can buy yours here at Lovehoney.
This review contains affiliate links
LELO LOKI Prostate Massager Photos