Monday, September 16, 2019

IMPORTANT: Silicone lube does NOT negatively affect silicone toys

Home Forums Fun Chat Pleasure Panel & Sex Toy Reviews IMPORTANT: Silicone lube does NOT negatively affect silicone toys

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cara Sutra 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Cara Sutra
    Keymaster

Hi all

Just a quick note. I keep reading (& having to edit) mentions in people’s reviews that you can’t/shouldn’t use silicone lube with silicone sex toys.

This simply isn’t true, and you’re giving people false information and perpetuating a myth.

Silicone lube can be used absolutely fine with silicone sex toys, and you can store pure silicone sex toys directly against one another -again, no effect. It’s like stacking silicone baking sheets in the kitchen cupboard.

Please could everyone take note and refrain from making statements in reviews about silicone lube not being good with silicone toys, as I don’t want readers being misinformed.

Thanks everyone! Hope you’re enjoying the Easter break!

Louise Lace
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying this Cara.

I have advised to use water-based lube with silicone toys in reviews, I have obviously been misinformed.

I will refrain from doing so in future reviews.

Lou x

Cara Sutra
    Keymaster

Hiya Lou

I haven’t noticed you saying it! ūüôā
    I used to also write this in my posts and reviews but it’s become apparent that it’s actually a huge myth x

Louise Lace
    Participant

I dont think I’ve actually said ‘dont use silicone lube with silicone toys’ but I have said something along the lines of ‘water-based lube is said to be more compatible with silicone’

A quick Google shows lots of people still mention not using silicone lube with silicone toys so we need to whip that myth into touch before all the silicone lubes are left to fester in a drawer.

X

Cara Sutra
    Keymaster

Definitely! ūüėÄ

TheRedSoleQueen
    Participant

I’m new here, but figured I would join in the conversation… while I am aware that silicone lube can be used with silicone toys, I have noticed a lot of toys on the market these days recommend water based. Lol. While I am here, anyone wanna throw their two cents in on what kind of lube is best with TPE/Realistic material toys? I stick with good ol astroglide bc I have super sensitive skin, but a lady needs some options lmao!

Cara Sutra
    Keymaster

Welcome TheRedSoleQueen!

My first thought would be – try to avoid TPE material if you can! It’s porous, so you can’t clean it 100% through and through. Bacteria, lube etc can enter the material and stay within it, even if you think you’ve cleaned it thoroughly. Silicone is non-porous, which is why it’s the flexible material of choice for sex toys.

If you absolutely must use TPE material, then I would personally stick with water-based. not because of any material damage concerns otherwise, but because waterbased cleans off easier with soapy water, whereas silicone and oil lubricants can take quite a lot of soapy rinsing, even with non-porous sex toys. Also the more vigorously you have to wash a TPE toy, the more like you’ll tear the material as it’s prone to break through repeated stretching.

Hope this helps

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.