10 Ways To Take Good Care Of Your Latex Clothing Collection
In 2014, it’s impossible to explore the web and not find the ideal choice of latex-wear. What may come harder to you is sourcing the right advice for keeping your purchase in perfect shape. Placing a premium on cleanliness and hygiene means you will remain at one with your latex clothing for longer. A well-looked after item, whether it be a cat suit, mask or accessory, will allow for more usage as it will hold up better against future wear and tear, whatever activities you partake in.
If you want your latex clothing to remain a shiny specimen of excellence for a more enjoyable experience in the bedroom then take heed of the few simple but essential rules that follow.
- Store your latex clothing in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight; ultra-violet sunlight is known to break down latex
- Wash by hand with mild soapy water within eight hours of use. Your body sweat contains body oils that can deteriorate the latex
- Choose water-based lubricants only. An oil-based lubricants, or massage oil for that matter, will eventually wear away the latex material.
- Ensure that any light coloured latex, such as blue, beige or white items are stored separately from any colours in the wardrobe. It’s common for a pale or transparent latex material to absorb other colours easily when in direct contact. This goes for both latex and non-latex clothes. A great tip is to use storage dress bags to separate laxtex-wear from other regular clothing items.
- Another common drawback to owning light coloured latex clothing is that it can stain when Most lighter latex colors also stain when touching metal like zips, valves or metal coat hangers. If this is due to oil on the valve or zip, don’t worry; simply remove with soap and a careful fingernail.
- Be cautious not to leave water on latex for an excessive period – such as in the bottom of a foot while drying – as this may lead to deterioration.
- Be wary of applying talc powders that contain harmful chemicals; if you use talc, buy only from a reputable larger brand marked suitable for babies as this is less likely to contain Asbestos particles.
- A practical method of keeping latex clothing shiny is to polish with a product that is non-solvent, rubber and PVC safe or another item made specifically for latex shine.
- Hang or carefully fold your latex garment after use to prevent any possible creasing.
- Try to avoid wearing sharp-edged jewellery when using a latex suit or accessory, which can help avoid tearing at the seams, disfiguration and scratching.
We hope you enjoyed reading our advice on how to look after your latex clothing, and that you may pass on this advice to others.
If you are interested in discovering more helpful tips from the experts then visit the Libidex website for a comprehensive take on latex-wear information including size guides and aftercare tips. Libidex is a latex-wear manufacturer that prides itself on giving adults the opportunity to reap ultimate pleasure from latex in a safe, practical manner.