If you’re at the day shows this weekend at for the ETO Trade Event at the NEC in Birmingham, here are a few last minute helpful tips from trade shows I have visited before.
- Don’t forget your business cards and, if you’ve pre-registered for the access ticket, those too! Plus any appointment notes you’ve made.
- Wear comfortable shoes! It’s tempting to go in heels but you will be on your feet for the majority of the day.
- Look presentable. You’ll be talking to new contacts, so make a good impression.
- Take a big bag: you will be collecting business cards, brochures, flyers – maybe even a sample or two. Either take a large handbag or some carrier bags in your regular one.
- Bring a couple of snacks with you, in your big bag. It’s tiring work!
- Leave your coat in the car or at the hotel. It can get warm when a venue is so packed and you don’t need anything extra to be carrying around.
- Relax, smile and enjoy!