1. Before dinner wine, aperitif, or cocktail?
Champagne cocktail at the bar before dinner.
Whatever Amuse Bouche is the order of the day! Light on the palette and delicious. I am not fussed about the carb laden biscuits. I do love olives, as well as on the premises baked warm bread with warm olive oil and balsamic vinegar, however.
My favourite starter has to be moules mariniere, when available.
Whatever is in season, preferably rocquette, goats cheese and pear with a sprinkling of walnuts and pine nuts.
5. Wine or other beverage with dinner?
Sancerre, well chilled. Two bottles, sommelier served, with pressed white linen napkin and leave the bucket by the table. Never let the glass go more than half empty, sommelier! But always ask before topping up, just in case I’ve had enough.
Full plateau fruits de mer, including chancre crab (semi-picked, with complete claws), prepared oysters and accompanying sauces.
7. Side Dishes?
Hand cut chips, with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
Eton Mess. It’s my all time favourite.
9. After dinner drink?
Cointreau, on the rocks. And plenty of it!
10. Which 3 people would you invite to dinner: (must be famous, well-known, living or dead, not fictional)
– For sex appeal – I don’t hang around with people because of physical attraction – people are gorgeous through and through or they’re not! Saying that, Pink, Jessie J, Lady Gaga. lol
– For great conversation – Pink, Stephen Fry and … ooh difficult. Toss up between Bill Bailey, Tim Minchin and Sarah Millican! Hilarious!
– Because you detest them – I’m not in the habit of inviting people I detest to dinner!
Bonus: Your lover brings you breakfast in bed. What’s on the tray?
Eggs Benedict, plate of fresh, sliced exotic fruits, strawberries, cherries, plate of continental cheese and sliced meats, pate, greek yoghurt with honey, Bucks Fizz in iced flutes.
I’m hungry now!
This post forms part of the fun, weekly meme from TMI Tuesday.