How do I use affiliate links on my sex toys blog?
Affiliate Links and Earning Cash From Referred Sales
As Affiliate Manager at a large UK sex toys shopping website, people keep asking me how to add all the lovely banners and also trackable deep affiliate links to their blog. It will be slightly different if you have a WordPress blog, but this morning I answered the question to a lovely lady who also uses Blogger and I decided to post my reply here too in case anyone else needs help in this area!
I have tried to make the steps as simple and easy to understand as possible.
* In your blog, go to your ‘dashboard’ then somewhere near your name and picture, click ‘design’
* On that page somewhere you can click ‘add a gadget’
* On that page choose ‘HTML/Java script’ (click the + sign)
* That brings up a box where you can stick in a descriptive title for your banners or whatever you put in the HTML box, and the main bit of the box.
* On Paid on Results, there is a link on the side menu, for ‘Merchants’, and underneath that, ‘Merchants Joined’. Click that…
* Find the merchants you want to join on that list
* Click the box next to the company name which says ‘Creative’
* Find a banner you want by choosing from the various categories/styles/sizes
* When you find a banner you want, click ‘Get HTML code’
* Copy this code and paste it in the main bit of that box you opened back on blogger
* Click ‘save’
* The new box with your banner in is now on that ‘design’ page on Blogger. You can click it to drag and drop it where you want on your blog.
* You can put many banners together in this way, in a HTML box, just copy and paste a banner HTML code, then ‘enter’ and new line, and paste another, as many as you can fit.
* To get banners in different places, simply make a new HTML/Java script box and drag that where you want it on that ‘design’ page.
On WordPress simply copy and paste the HTML into the ‘text’ view field of your blog post, or in a sidebar HTML widget space.
For both Blogger and WordPress you will need to make sure the link part of the HTML opens in new window with HTML snippet
(this is usually included with the provided HTML from Paid on Results)
and that the link is nofollow, with HTML snippet
Have fun adding banners, hope this helps!
PS To ‘deep link’ to a product, or a page on a sex toys website like Lovehoney (deep linking is where instead of normally/straight linking to something when you type by using the hyperlink button, you instead create a tracked link so you can get some pennies/% of the sale amount back to you.
This is a special link and when people click it, Paid on Results knows they have clicked YOUR special affiliate link, like so: (this is mine for this page)
Straight link: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/vibrators/rabbit-vibrators/
(there is info on Paid on Results explaining about the fact people can then buy anything at our site, not necessarily the product they clicked through for, and you will still get a % of any sales. This is called referring sales and the affiliate term for making cash of these is conversions or converting)
In order to get these ‘deep links’ to any of a sex toys shopping website’s pages, you need to click the ‘Deep Link Creator’ on the left hand side menu on Paid on Results.
There is a tool you can attach to your internet browser, called a ‘Deep Link Generator’, which means you can simply and easily turn any sex toys website page (who you’re connected with on Paid on Results) into your special affiliate link, simply by clicking this button on your internet browser while viewing any page, a pop up will appear with your special deep link on it, ready to use!
Cool, I’m sure you’ll agree.
Hope this helps, everyone!
Lots of love,