Less writing more doing

Home Forums Fun Chat Sex & Relationships Less writing more doing

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  InquisitiveClam 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Cara Sutra
    Keymaster

That’s a good plan. Feels like lately I’ve been overworking myself and it’s leaving me with little energy to actually get sexy! The irony. Any other sex bloggers get this?

InquisitiveClam
    Participant

I definitely hear what you’re saying, Cara. I feel like my fiance and I barely have sex. It’s not just my blog keeping me busy. He and I both work full-time, and he goes to school part-time. Plus, he’s trying to get a second job off the ground, and that job involves a lot of driving and traveling. I feel like we barely see each other for long periods of time before one of us has to go do something. We’re just too busy to have much sex lately, but I really wish that wasn’t the case.

Cara Sutra
    Keymaster

Hugs

I put myself in hospital lately doing too much, really need to slow down somehow!

with full time work on the side that must really keep you busy :/ Well done on doing what you do! x

InquisitiveClam
    Participant

Thank you! I hope you’re feeling better. I have to say you do seem incredibly busy, and you always have new content. It’s pretty amazing to me that you have the time to write and post so many quality articles so quickly. I’m sure it’s hard to force yourself to slow down. I’m not making any money from my blog (yet), so I have to work, and my blog is basically just a hobby right now. I get reviews done as I can get to them, and it usually takes me at least a couple of weeks to post something new. The goal I’ve set for myself is to post at least one review every month, and I’ve been able to stick to that so far. I don’t want my blog to become too outdated, and one review a month is what’s reasonable for me right now.

Cara Sutra
    Keymaster

Well i do this as a full time job, so it is pretty full on. I have a tight schedule and I dont get nearly as much done as I’d like – but when I’m in the right frame of mind for writing I can get a lot done. Then I have off days (like everyone) where I simply can’t write at all!

I do have to remind myself that with product reviews I am not being paid per hour, so although I put out comprehensive and thorough reviews, I don’t agonise over them for hours like I used to. The feedback is the most important thing in my opinion – if I were being paid per hour to review and I spend 3 hours on a review, I could most probably have bought the toy with the cash I’d earned in any case…

x

InquisitiveClam
    Participant

I understand what you’re saying. I don’t blog as a full-time job and don’t make money from it yet, so it’s just a hobby that consumes much of my free time. I don’t post reviews as often as I’d like to because I have a regular full-time job and only blog when I’m not working. I try not to let it take up too much of the time I get to spend with my fiance as well because he has both a full-time job and a part-time job and is going to school part-time two nights a week, so we don’t see each other as much as we’d like to. When he is home, I prefer to spend time with him, but I have time when he’s at work or school to blog, and that’s working for now. There’s not a ton of pressure to get reviews done because I don’t really have deadlines except for the ones I set for myself. There are times when I just don’t feel like writing.

You make a great point about the time it takes to write reviews. Your reviews are definitely complete and address the important aspects of whatever you’re reviewing, and I know what you mean about agonizing over them. I’m guilty of doing that when it comes to rating the sex toys I review. I always wonder if I’m giving something too low or too high a rating and second-guess myself a lot before publishing a review. I totally agree with you that the quality of the review and the feedback are important.

Cara Sutra
    Keymaster

Thank you. I should probably have responded to this a bit sooner than a year later! o.o

oops

InquisitiveClam
    Participant

I haven’t been doing much writing OR doing lately. My blog is severely neglected, which I want to remedy ASAP. My fiance is injured right now. He fell down the stairs almost a month back and bruised his tailbone, which was really painful for him. He’s still having knee issues at the moment – most likely from that fall – so even though his bruises have pretty much healed finally, we haven’t had sex in over a month. We’re also having car trouble, which stresses us both out. I’m hoping we can regroup soon and reconnect.

C.Poly
    Participant

I’ve found that using Asana and spacing out my tasks and NOT doing anything before the day I have it planned has helped me to not get burnt out so easily. I do find that if I finish sooner than I expected or have more free time that day than I had planned that I want to move on to the next day, but I’m trying to discipline myself to only do what I have planned.

Luv bunny
    Participant

Spacing out tasks is a good strategy.
    Also, alternating jobs/chores/ tasks with little treats can be a good motivational tool. It can be as simple as a hot chocolate instead of a plain drink at your next break.

My struggle is social media. I check it constantly!!

Cara Sutra
    Keymaster

Thanks Luv bunny! Social media is such a time suck, very easy to lose whole days there!

InquisitiveClam
    Participant

I also struggle with social media. My problem is that I don’t stay connected enough, and I don’t know how to market myself and my blog to get more traffic. I don’t consider myself that interesting, and my writing style is very factual. My personality really doesn’t come across in writing. I don’t know how to find my voice.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.